There are several reasons due which a dog can undergo the anxiety and stress. But, as an owner, it is your responsibility to keep your dog sooth and adopt the special practices to ensure that you dog are not suffering from the stress. It is obvious that the dogs react and the reaction is much similar to the reaction of human beings.
There are several types of problems that are associated with the anxiety in dogs. For instance, the separation anxiety is found in the dogs when they are left at home for a longer period of time. Sometimes, dogs are found to be fearful to the loud sounds such as the thunderstorms, this type of anxiety is referred to as the noise anxiety.
Furthermore, dogs can also suffer from the travel and motion sickness anxiety as you strongly need to think about putting your dog into a crate as it may further lead towards the anxiety in terms of confinement.
It is evident that the doges are considered sensitive on both emotional and the physical level and they might be engaged in the displacement or repetitive behavior during the course of their stress.
You may observe that the dogs which are agitated might stop their routine barking, they might chewing the shoes or furniture, or you may observe them eating their own poop, or you find their behavior aggressive to other peoples.
If you observe such situations, you don’t need to be panic or misjudge the situation by punishing your dog as the process of punishment will not alleviate the problem in fact it would make the situation worse for dog.
It would only cause an unwanted increase in their behavior by raising the stress levels. There are remedies for you to overcome the anxiety situation as you can make and adopt the right plan for you.
It is evident that the dog responds differently to specific methods. So, if you think that your dog is undergoing the anxiety problems, you should use all methods one by one as any of them will work for sure.
- The very first solution is the usage of medicines, but you strongly need to consult your veterinarian for the administration of medication. You can give Benadryl as it is considered effective for anxiety relief. You can also utilize antihistamine along that also poses the sedative attributes. However, you can use different methods for the medication such as you can mix it in food.
- Secondly, you have to be very selective for their diet. You strongly need to determine their healthy diet and needs in order to ensure their healthy behavior. Dogs that are hyperactive required the higher protein levels while low levels of carbohydrate. It is strongly advised that you should monitor your dog feeds.
- You need to adopt the special exercises in order relieve the dog from anxiety. What you can do is to schedule the daily routine for your dogs to keep them active. If you think that it is cold outside, you strongly need to arrange the exercises inside.
- Many people consider that the massage is only for them and animals cannot have the massage, but this is considered one of best techniques to sooth the anxiety in dogs. It is not related to the body healing, but it heals dog’s mind. For this purpose, you can contact the certified therapist near you in order learn the different way to relax your dog.
- With the change in daily routine, dogs are observed to be frustrated. You can reduce the stress with the creation of environment that is predictable with the fixation of predefined activities.