Sometimes, it might come to your mind that either dogs can eat your food or not, would you be able to give them your daily food in case when the dog food is not available. The food such as salmon, yogurt, apples, and pumpkin that are eaten in the daily routine can be given to a dog or not.
If yes, either it would be hygienic or would cause the adverse effect on dogs health. It is obvious that if you don’t know about the human foods that are compatible with the dogs, you might run under the serious health problems associated with the dog’s life. It might make your dog overweight or ill.
However, it is true that there are some dog foods that can be eaten by the dogs without suffering from any kind of adverse effect. Some types of food can be given by mixing them with the dog food and this can simply add the extra nutrition and variety to the bowl of food.
You should know about that the routines of your dog and should not give it food that causes allergy in it.
- The very first food that your dog can digest easily without having any problem is Yogurt. It is considered a potential source of protein and calcium. If you are choosing the yogurt, beware that you should choose that one in which there should be no artificial sweetener or sugar and it should comprise of an active bacteria in it.
- Flax seed comprise of fatty acids of omega-3 and considered essential for good coat and skin. Flex seeds are apprehended best as you should give them before feeding the dog as it quickly give the positive results from the health perspective. However, you can also add the seed in the diet of your dog considering it as a potential fiber source.
- Salmon is referred to as a fatty fish and considered another good source of omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids are considered best to support the immunity system along with the lucrative nature for coat and skin health. It has been also observed that the use of salmon also prevents the allergies in dogs.
- You can also give your pumpkins to your dogs as it is considered an effective source of beta carotene and fiber. Beta carotene is referred to as Vitamin A and dogs essentially need fiber for their diet. It has been observed that the latest trend is to give highly digestible diet to their dogs while keeping the stool volume lower and this not considered a good practice.
- Another dietary fiber food is sweet potatoes that also comprise of the Vitamin C and vitamin B6 along with the manganese ad beta carotene. You can slice and dehydrate the potatoes n order to give your dog a treat.
- You will be surprised that your dogs can eat green beans as it is a plant with vitamin K, manganese, and Vitamin K. If you think your dog gets weight, you can replace the regular food by the means of green means as it is low in calories.
- Eggs are full of protein along with the selenium and riboflavin for you. If you think that your dog is having some problems with the digestive system, you can simply give it a protein boost with eggs to the food.
- Brewer yeast is referred to as the left over while making alcohol. It has been observed that dog enjoy its taste and it comes with the high levels of vitamin B which are considered ample for coat and skin tone. It further keeps the metabolism high.
- Apples are considered another treat for the dogs as if you give apple along with the skin, you will be preventing your dog from serious health issues. While taking apples, you should prevent your dogs from eating the apple seeds as it may contain cyanide.
- Oatmeal is referred to as a good soluble fiber source. It can prove beneficial for dogs with high ages. It is also considered another alternative for dogs that are allergic to the wheat. You strongly need to keep in mind that the oatmeal should be given after cooking it and there should be no sugar in it.